The Network Associate and Senior Editor along with their CRG community have now finalised the strategic plan for the coming two years after deliberations online and with one face-to-face meeting in September 2018. Their plans are based on five key objectives that will guide their work until 2020:
- Supporting review production and capacity
- Evaluating Network scope and prioritisation of topics
- Fostering collaboration within the Network and with the wider Cochrane community
- Supporting knowledge translation to increase the impact of Cochrane reviews
- Ensuring accountability and sustainability of the Network
Long-Term Conditions and Ageing Network
1. What is your vision for this CRG Network?
Our vision is that the management of gut, kidney, endocrine and metabolic diseases informed by high-quality, relevant and up-to-date synthesized research evidence.
2. What are the 2-3 key goals including quality and innovations you have planned for this CRG Network?
The Long-Term Conditions and Ageing Network will accomplish these goals by providing support to several Cochrane Review Groups and two Fields that produce Reviews on acute care topics.
- Goal 1: We will ensure the development of high-quality reviews in a timely manner using consistent and improved editorial processes, and will identify capacity-building needs and opportunities to accomplish those tasks.
- Goal 2: We will evaluate the scope and prioritization of Network topics by gathering information about current scope and prioritization and supporting groups to undertake these activities.
- Goal 3: We will foster collaboration within the network with regular teleconferences and newsletters.